About Me

My photo
I am the studio teacher in Zach's Place Studio, an AMS Montessori teacher, an artist, a mother and much more.

Friday, October 29, 2010

the poetry of toddlers- Angelina

The poetic simplicity of toddler speech, united with the newness of experience and exploration, is art in itself.Noa
"Making a tiger
happy birthday to tiger,
making a house
wow!
paint,
paint,
paint."
William
"Paint body?" (motioning to a friends body)
I say, "No we aren't painting our friends. We are painting the canvas."
"My body?" (Pointing to his own chest)
No, paint is staying on the canvas today (pointing to canvas).
Boden
Hands in paint
movement
tapping
movement.
Patrick
Scratch surface
stare at mark
Revealed canvas.
Paint again,
Scratch,
Emersed.
Noa again
"PULL, PULL, PULL (dragging the paint down the surface of the canvas)
I wrote a "P", two "P's", not a "P" (Pointing at a third symbol drawn with brush).
I'm making a tiger (with fingers on wet paint)
I can make it like this...
or this...
or like this.
This is my finger, finger painting."

No comments:

Post a Comment